Thursday, August 20, 2020

See my new business

 See my gnome business www.gnomesforyourhomes.co.uk

At Gnomes For Your Homes, I sell hand felted gnomes (or tomten) that would be perfect to sit on your shelf all year round. Each gnome has been hand felted, inside and out, starting with a wool base. I add white or hand dyed Wensleydale locks for his beard before adding a flesh-coloured Merino nose and cheeks. More locks are added to make bushy, wild hair. The pièce de résistance is the tall hat that I felt using hand carded and blended mixed fibres (such as super soft merino, tussah silk, baby llama, Ramie, Bamboo, Banana, Linen, FireStar and Angelina (sparkly) fibres. At the end, He gets feet and a wood disk so he can stand. Voila, all done. Each gnome is inspired by colours and textures that I come across in my life. They are all very special.



No comments: